« Home | US and Them » | Debate Number 4 Prep » | McCain's Camp Pain » | These Pumps Are Made for Walkin' » | Polling Update: October 14, 2008 » | Workers of the World! » | Reboot! » | Culture Check » | From Little ACORNS » | Policy: Work and the Workplace »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cognitive Dissonance Edition

Ben Smith from Politico reports on this email he received from a Republican political consultant who was conducting focus groups for McCain in the Midwest. I think that this pretty much defines the phrase "cognitive dissonance":

The two most unreal moments of my professional life of watching focus groups:

54 year-old white male, voted Kerry '04, Bush '00, Dole '96, hunter, NASCAR fan...hard for Obama said: "I'm gonna hate him the minute I vote for him. He's gonna be a bad president. But I won't ever vote for another god-damn Republican. I want the government to take over all of Wall Street and bankers and the car companies and Wal-Mart run this county like we used to when Reagan was President."

The next was a woman, late 50s, Democrat but strongly pro-life. Loved B. and H. Clinton, loved Bush in 2000. "Well, I don't know much about this terrorist group Barack used to be in with that Weather guy but I'm sick of paying for health insurance at work and that's why I'm supporting Barack."


THANK YOU. THANK YOU, JESUS. I don't care, Really, I don't. Just vote for Obama. Pull that lever. We'll sort everything else out in your little brains after November 4.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home